Friday, January 2, 2009

The Next Step

After 13 years of homeschool, my oldest child has graduated and will be heading off to the Word of Life Bible Institute in the fall. She has already been accepted, and today I sat down to fill out all the financial "stuff". Kind of a scarry step for both of us. We are praying that between grants and scholarships, she won't have to get a loan. She has been putting away as much of her paycheck as she is able.

I have mixed feelings about starting this "empty nest" part of my life. At least having many children it will be a while before they are all gone, but my oldest and I have become good friends over the past couple years, plus she has always been my right hand. I will miss her dearly. I have had some practice with her being gone as the past 3 summers she has worked at the WOL Inn. She is more than ready to start this new path and I'm sure we will both be fine. It's only a phone call and 4 hour drive away!

Today I have also been getting ready to start back up to school on Monday. I finally got my quarterly reports done. I was very bad (seems to be the norm for me when it comes to the first quarter for some reason). With my computer dieing I had to "re-create" my reports all over - and while this really doesn't take long to do, it's just something I was not wanting to do. So I spent an hour this morning and got that all done. Now to go throw in some laundry and see how things look for Monday morning in the kids lesson plan books.

Until next time...

Have a wonderful day!

0 comments: