Thursday, January 15, 2009

To Diet or Not to Diet...

That is the question...

Why do women obsess about their weight so much? My weight used to never bother me. Yes, I'm overweight. I've had 5 children and most of that excess weight is their fault!

However over the past couple years I've packed on more weight that I can't blame the children for. Well, actually I guess I could - as they have grown up, I don't have to chase them around anymore! LOL

Hence my dilemma. I usually eat fairly well. I'm not someone who sits around the house and eats for lack of something to do. I don't use food for comfort. I eat when I'm hungry and because I have to. My main problem is exercise and the lack there-of.

I don't know why making myself exercise is such a hassle. I have good intentions before going to bed for the next day, but then morning comes and I get busy with other things and before I know it, the day is once again gone, and I haven't moved much to save my life.

I did the 3D Diet several years ago with some gals from our church and did well on it. But don't you know once we stopped, so did my loss.

I have several friends who are doing the South Beach Diet and I'm tempted to get the book and take a look at it. Maybe if I start losing some weight through diet, I'll have more determination to start doing some moving. Hmmm....


I hate to say I'm "on a diet" because ultimately I believe that if you just eat right (ultimately following the food pyramid and exercise, the weight will come off. I don't necessarily agree with some of these diets that tell you not to eat this or that. So I'm still not sure what I'm going to do - but I really need to start and do something.

Somebody motivate me - or just give me a good swift kick!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

checking to see if this is working

Carol said...

Glad I found your blog! I vote for no diet. My theory is to eat off of a small plate and exercise (walking the dog) as much as possible. But as we get older it just gets hard to burn those calories.